When I met HER.




A lot is going on in my life and till now I was dealing it with complacency, but still I am not able to sleep. I was so deprived of sleep that for me a.m. and p.m. has lost its value. I usually see clock ticking from 11 and goes to 5 or even 6. I do understand that I am going through one of the most critical phase of my life but in this criticality my eyelashes will fail to hug each other was out of the equation, but it was happening, unfortunately though.  I live with my parents and I live in Bihar. I mentioned this because, some of the easiest way to escape reality is smoking and drinking. But as I mentioned, I live with my parents hence I cannot smoke because constant fear of getting caught will kill me and if I get caught I will be definitely killed and I live in Bihar means I cannot drink. Bihar is a dry state :'(

Last night my parents were not at home. I was all alone. I was restless, sad, angry and much else. I realized that I needed puff. I sneaked out of the house just to have a smoke. Like always I climbed on to the roof. I loved looking at the stars and the moon while I took my puffs. Yesterday was different because I would have unexpected company. I saw someone sitting in the corner. I wasn’t really surprised meeting a stranger on the roof in the middle of the night but normally I should be, but this time I was neither surprised nor scared and I don't know why.

So I asked “Hey, what are you doing up on my roof?”
She replied calmly “Same as you, came here for a smoke, do you have a lighter?”
I handed the match box to her.
She looked at me and said “You should quit smoking those, it will kill you”
I retorted "As now I am living full of life."
She smiled and said “Try this, it is a lot healthier.”
She lit up a roll, took a drag and handed it to me, I too took a drag and so we went back and forth till we smoked up the whole joint. I must say, it was really good stuff. I don’t know how long we sat there enjoying the trip.
She took out a bottle of water from the bag next to her and offered, I took the bottle out of her hands and gulped down the water. I handed the bottle to her and said “Thanks”.

It was a full moon night. The moon was like a silver disc hanging in the glittering sky. Lasers of moonlight, as bright as diamond-flame, turned charcoal road like melted platinum. It was as if I was watching a scene from an old fable stepping off the page and I was enchanted by its beauty. The Chinese called the May moon the dragon moon and I could see why. The waves were a-glitter like curved scales and I became lost in the haunting lullaby it was offering. The unexpected meeting with unanticipated stranger was equally mesmerizing as the midnight.

I extended my hand and introduced myself to her and I asked who she is!
She shook my hand and at the same instant I knew who she was. I got Goosebumps. She said "From time to time I visit, this planet, like I do so many others. Like you, there are a few to whom I revealed my existence.”
I sniggered “whole world is known to your existence"
She smiled and said “You have me wrong. They all have me wrong.
I looked at her puzzled. She continued “People fear what they cannot see or cannot understand. Hence they try to quantify me into concepts they can relate to or understand simply. When you ask an Atheist who is God? He will give you the right answer. He doesn’t know. Neither does anybody, including you. When I showed you who I was, your mind quickly worked to wrap my existence around a notion that you were familiar with and that was God. Isn't god just an idea or just a concept? Isn't god is just a fictional character like Santa Claus.

I was completely perplexed and confused at the contradiction that was in front of me. "Who are you then?"
She replied “Your mind has the right idea of visualizing me as a female. Isn’t the word female synonymous with mystery? So Label me a mystery if you must or don’t label me at all”.
I asked "Why me?"
She replied “Why Not? Again, you need reasons, for questions that have none, I am sure your trusted logic is failing you. It is okay not everything has to make sense, not everything needs reason”.
I asked her “Is it okay that I still believe that you are God?”
She laughed and replied “Choice is yours, expectations aren’t. Bye.”
She disappeared as I whispered “Bye”.

I came back down to my room and slept with that beautiful face I saw with a smile in my heart.

Courtesy
The Mahapurush







Comments

  1. Good work bro.... Sometimes when you come out of a dark phase , you become stronger, more aware of yourself.
    Cheers...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow u wrote it so weel well done

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Life's not fair. Get used to it.

I'll see you again !!!